November 20, 2012

A bicycle bult for three?

I think I mentioned that as soon as we got in the car at the airport and I heard the horn of the cab the memories of riding in Manila all came flooding back.  It is exactly the same as it was when we were in Manila to take Diana to the temple to receive her endowments.  I thought I would include a few pictures of the modes of transportation used in that fair land.

These are called tricycles.  Imagine that?  There is one wheel on the other side hence a tricycle. This is pretty fancy because it looks like it has a trunk.  These cost about 20 pasos to go 5 km which is 60 cents US.  Some of them don't have a motor scooter but just a bicycle that the man rides.


This one has a few kids in it waiting for probably their dad.


The next one is fully loaded.


If I recall there were six people inside and these two little ones behind the driver.


Instead of carrying people this one carried his restaurant with him.  He was deep fat frying something or other so he had to have had some propane inside.  

Of course they walk and ride bikes as well.  More on the next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment