August 30, 2012

Beautiful Bay

I mentioned last week that we had picked up the doctor and his wife at the airport and hosted them on the day that they arrived.  The last area doctor has been gone for about 4 months so they could not care for them like Elder and Sister Rowe had so graciously done for us.  Elder and Sister Anderson have a striking view of the bay and city and bridge and ocean all in one.  I just thought I would share a few of the photos I took from out their window.

This is looking out to the ocean


This is looking across the bay to the office.  Those three tall buildings are within three blocks of where our office is.


This is looking out towards where the bay and the ocean come together.


This is looking back towards Auckland.

While we were there the very first morning that they had arrived we saw a bird on the railing of the balcony.  I had never seen one and of course did not have my camera with me so I had to go online to get a picture and to figure out what it was.  It is called a rosella parrot and was so pretty and unique.  I
have a link here but am not sure it works.  If so, you will see the pretty rosella parrot.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QepFE_Oh684

No comments:

Post a Comment