March 3, 2013

The Census

I told my family in their letter last week that we are required by law to participate in the census here.  It is on Tuesday, 5 March. A letter was read in church today from the Area Presidency concerning this census. One of the questions asks about religion. The question is this:

What is your religion?

  • No religion
  • Christian
  • Buddhist
  • Hindu
  • Muslim
  • Jewish
  • Other
Then off to the right there is another box (which I cannot do on this format) with a list of all Christian churches which asks:  Which of these, if any, are you?

  • Anglican
  • Catholic
  • Presbyterian
  • Methodist
  • Ratana
  • Ringatu
  • Other.  Print what it is:
Then below that are boxes to fill in with the name. The letter from the Area Presidency was on the correct way to fill in those boxes.  Not Mormon, Not Latter-day Saint, Not LDS but Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Otherwise, each of those other names will get a portion of those who are LDS and the government has no way of knowing that we are all the same.  Hopefully they will see that we are a pretty good precentage of the population.  

There was debate on whether you could fill it out before Tuesday or if all 4.5 million people need to fill it out that day. I already did the one section on the house itself: size, does it have heating, do I pay rent, how much etc.  I think I will risk it and do the other two parts today.  Mine and Dad's.  If I do not do it online then someone will come to my house to pick it up!  



No comments:

Post a Comment