I am always surprised when I notice how long it has been since a post. I think I have been waiting for pictures but since I do not have any I will just write.
You can tell it is springtime in New Zealand because there is a community-wide clean up. The neighborhoods rotate. We were driving to church last week and in front of every house was a big pile of what I would call JUNK. They all clean their houses and put the junk on the front lawn/easement and then the government has the recycle trucks drive through the neighborhood and collect it all. I was asking a friend why it was such a mess and she explained it to me. Her son, who served a mission in Singapore but worked mainly in Malaysia said that when they do it he thinks he is back in Malaysia. I think he was correct. When we drove to church it was raining and the piles were just sitting. When we left it was dry and sunny, and there were cars parked all the way along the street, with people going through to see what they wanted. I guess it is true: One man's trash in another man's treasure!
No comments:
Post a Comment