February 9, 2014

Sticker Shock!

After having been here for over 20 months you would think that we would be over the shock of seeing what people have to pay for items at the market.  Take a look at these photos with the amount of pennies required to buy them.


I always considered a Duncan Hines cake mix to be the cream of the crop if you were going to buy one. I was always happy when I could find them for $1 or a bit more.  This is almost insane!

But then take a gander at a single-layer Betty Crocker cake?  They must use a different measuring stick than I ever did!


And take a look at what it costs you to put a pre-made frosting on top of that treat.  I would certainly think twice before I whipped up a batch of cupcakes to take to the sister down the street!


I thought I had seen everything until I went around the corner and saw a display for quart canning jars. 


I just about stumbled.  It certainly would change my idea of going out and trying to find the best bushel of peaches to put in them!  Someone would have to pay me to take their fruit for me to make the initial investment in the jars.  You can only hope that the op-shop (DI) would have them for less or that your aunty had a cupboard of them you could have!

Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment