There were just a very few gannets left on the west side of the island. Here is one of the baby's practicing on very edge of the cliff. The wind was blowing pretty hard but the bird was able to hold it's own. So fun to watch!
This is the rock that all the birds were nesting. The water was very angry. We stood at this point for alomst 15 minutes without going anywhere. It was such a lovely peaceful feeling. Off to the left of this there were two men with remote controlled airplanes that had a wing span of at least 3 feet. They were dancing with each other in the air. It was so cool. Probably should have taken a pic of them!
We were getting ready to leave the beach and this is what we saw. It was just impressive to me. Hope you like it.
The last photo is one that I took last week. We were walking in Takapuna and it had been sprinkling off and on during the day but the clouds had cleared up most of the time. Well about the time we got to the dock the phone rang and since we happened to be right by some benches we sat down. I took photos while he took care of business with a mission president. This is what I saw.
The rainbow only goes to the top of the frame and then it stopped. I was able to take three photos and then it was gone. It was an amazing thing to see. Someone asked how I got the bird to be in such a perfect position for the photo and truthfully, I did not even see the bird until the next morning when I was looking at them again.
Enjoy the beauties of my corner!

No comments:
Post a Comment